Pagine

lunedì 21 novembre 2011

Free English Lessons - #4, Grammar - Future forms... will, present continuous& be going to

We can use be going to, the present continuous and will to talk about future plans, decision and arrangements.

   A plan
   - I'm going to see that film tomorrow.

   An arrangement
   - I'm flying to Paris on Friday.

   A spontaneous decision
   - I've forgotten my my suncream. I'll go to the shop and buy some.

We can use will and be going to for future predictions.

Be going to - when a prediction is based on strong evidence - you could find definitely before the main verb:

   - Look at those clouds. It's definitely going to rain.

Will - with a generally prediction, and you could find probably before the main verb. Perhaps at the beginning of the sentence.
   - They'll probably win the match.


Free English Lessons - #3, Grammar - Past Simple Vs Past Continuous, used to and would

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento